Monday, August 25, 2008

Gray


Mrs. Blandings posted several gray rooms on her blog. I adore gray, and, over the years, I have had several gray rooms. In our first home, I decided I loved the beautiful grey rooms of Paulina Rothschild, so, in our third bedroom / office I painted it grey and put up moulding. Even though I didn't own a miter box, I mitered the corners of the moulding by hand. It can be done, but I don't recommend it! I'll post pictures later, but it will take me a few to find them. The living room and hallway of that house were later painted a wonderful shade of grey-brown called ET-69, under Benjamin Moore's old color system. This heralded the start of my love of Benjamin Moore paints. In our second house, which was extremely beige when we moved in, I painted the master bathroom Mozelle, again from Benjamin Moore, as a base to a beautiful and subtle faux finish.
Oddly, in showcase homes, I have painted lamswool, from Pratt and Lambert, but I have never found a place for it in my own home. By the way, I love Pratt and Lambert, too.
It took me a while to find the next gray love, this one is very subtle. When we were applying it, it appeared nearly as off-white as the builder off-white we were covering. But then, as it dried and our furniture came back in, it took on it's own subtle luminosity. This color, in the picture above, is Ashwood. Did I mention I love Benjamin Moore paint?
I have added a picture, the one with the lamp off shows the gray in its true tone. The lamp on shows the paint as more camel.

2 comments:

drskipper said...

Where's the other pic?

Unknown said...

Oops, I realized that the "lamp on" picture made the paint look really camel in colour. I will post it later if you wish, just let me know.