Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pink!


I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of pink, which is odd, because my favorite color is red. Odder still, pink roses abound in my garden, in fact I eschew red in the garden! Perhaps my less-than-beautiful mind believes pink to be simply a pale imitation of red.



But this Robert Abbey lamp could make me change my mind. It's just the right pop of color for a my soft grey, pink and white fantasy bedroom, a Benjamin Moore Dove White room with a white fluffy down comforter and white matelassé pillow shams. In summer, the comforter is changed for a white matelasse coverlet. These pillows are Sferra from Neiman Marcus, but JC Penney has a lovely collection.




A white linen box pleated valance and draperies at the window with a soft pink grosgrain ribbon placed precisely one and five eighths inches from the bottom of the valance.



A beautiful bouquet of Madame Ernest Calvat roses, from my garden, in a fat round antique mercury glass vase, from my Granny.




I'd place these on the antique, white bedside tables. This pair from Regan & Smith, might be just right. But,a small skirted round table will suffice until the budget allows.


To ground it all on the fantastic cinnamon maple floors, an Antique Oushak rug, from Keivan on 1stdibs. This keeps it from becoming too cotton-candy-ice-creamy.





To end on especially beautiful note, Jacksonville Florida designer Phoebe Howard has some lovely pink rooms.



1 comment:

House Painting Tutorials said...

love the muted/calm pink of the bedroom. And the lamp... it looks so seductive :)

Yelena
Choosing Paint Color