Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daisies in a Mint Julep Cup


Is there anything more refreshing than the look of a nosegay in a mint julep cup? It just whispers spring, graduations, Maypoles, the Kentucky Derby, okay, for that they'd need to be roses. But,... you get what I mean. This is the cake my daughter and I made for her Graduation party. Red velvet cake, white icing and a white fondant with black and white ribbons for that special touch. This was our first attempt at fondant and it was much easier than was expected. It was so easy, I wish I had gone ahead with the fondant two years earlier for her sister's graduation. (Sorry 'bout the smurf cake, sweetie -I'll make it up to you. I promise!) In front are two of the mint julep cups, found at the wedding section of Michael's, we filled with Daisies and used as flowers on this and the buffet table.

No comments: