Thursday, October 9, 2008

Washington Design Center Idea House


The Fall 2008 Washington Idea House has been open for two weeks now. Alas, a crazily delayed metro ride left us but one minute to snap, gasp! Therefore, I have to apologize for the quality of the photo of this picture, not nearly up to the standards of the picture I snapped yesterday of the gerbera daisies. Tilt your head a little and let's discuss the bedroom by Michelle Miller of Jenkins Baer Associates. I adore the sense of calm, though I am not a strictly neutrals person, being from the land of a thousand Algerian Red Dining Rooms. But, I'm just going to flat out say it, I like the mirrors and the bedside tables the best. I completed something like this when I redid my own Master Bedroom a couple of years ago. The mirror was an inexpensive door mirror, not the really cheesy thin framed ones, but ones with an nice frame, to simulate windows. When we eked into our Builder Basic house ten years ago, we couldn't afford the extra windows for this wall, turns out that was a good thing as windows would have impeded the closet redesign and expansion. The mirrors do open up the space and are a great, frankly better, stand-in for windows. What do you think? Do you have an unconventional place for a mirror?

No comments: