Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Bathroom Floors

Small & Chic


Freckles Chick blog

Last post, I discussed the gray cabinet paint colors. While that decision is ongoing, I am working on a floor tile.

Originally, this marble tile was on the table, so to speak. Though our children are older and this floor works well for them, it isn't likely to be make a family with young children happy. That is, should we sell, though I have been here for quite a while and expect to be here even longer, I am always sweatin' the resale. Also, at $10 a foot for a bathroom tile, it makes sense to look for alternatives.  
Home Depot Montagna Dapple Gray
This tile is the right size, but, a bit more pattern than I wanted. 
Crossville Co, Lead



The Crossville Lead, used in the top picture, has the right amount of subtle pattern and is the dimension that I want. But, from Freckles Chic website, it still at least $10 a foot. Not to mention that Great Indoors has gone away, :-( and, though the maker shows it on their site, it is not showing up on the local Crossville Co distributors site.
Tone on Tone, Basement

Back to looking for alternatives, I wanted to like the faux travertine tiles at Home Depot, which Tone on Tone used in their basement, above. It just didn't work for me, at least not those in the store.


Travisano Trevi, Home Depot




Metro Gris, Home Depot
Bottom line, the Metro Gris is still the front runner.


No comments: